Just as massage therapy has its benefits for humans, the same can be said for your dog. Give a soothing massage to your pooch may help them relax, increase oxygenation, relieve their pain, improve joint flexibility and immune system.
Help your dog to live a longer, healthier life through massage also works to strengthen the bond between you and your canine companion.
You will learn the techniques to perform massage on your canine companion which not only improves its physical well-being, but also its emotional state.
- 27 Feb 2021
- 13 Mar 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 6pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Handling and restraining animals properly for massage
- the benefits of massage therapy
- the anatomy of the various muscle groups involved in massage
- the basis of muscle injury and muscle stress
- a diverse range of massage techniques
- the importance of basic hygiene in massage
- Setting up an appropriate environment to perform massage
Ms Gayathiri attained the Basic Professional Dog Grooming Cert in 2006 and Intermediate Professional Dog Grooming Cert on 2007 from the School of Pet Grooming Singapore. She has worked as a freelance groomer and stylist in pet shops and has diverse experience and knowledge on styling different dog breeds.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
It is essential to bring your own dog so that you can learn the basic techniques. The dog will be kept in the animal holding area during lunchtime and kept separated from other dogs. You are advised to bring their leashes, water bowl and food bowl (with food). Only pet dogs which are friendly to people and other dogs are allowed.
- Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
- The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
- Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$171|
|Full Course Fee||$321|