This course provides an intensive hands-on simulation training for learners to gain a basic understanding of the design of chemical processes through the use of process simulation software Aspen HYSYS.
In this course, you will learn how the process simulation software is used to design chemical processes, operate a virtual plant, determine safe/unsafe operation and design criteria, and factors critical to operating cost and profitability.
This course is suitable for persons who are responsible for process design, production and operations in the petrochemical and chemical industry:
- Chemical technicians, operators and engineers
- Scientists and researchers
- Chemical safety and quality analysts
- Production schedulers
Dr. Zhou Xingding is a senior lecturer and has a PhD in Chemical Engineering. He leads several R&D projects as a Principal Investigator to develop new chemical manufacturing processes.
Dr. Noel Xu Qingxing is a lecturer and has a PhD in Chemical Engineering. He has authored several international peer-reviewed journal articles in the areas of drug delivery and antimicrobial polymers.
Dr. Simon Teo Wei Suong is a lecturer and has a PhD in Chemical Engineering. He has authored several peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters in industrial biotechnology and biochemical engineering.
Course participants from a wide range of technical backgrounds and experience will develop and enhance their skills in chemical process design, operations support and cost evaluation via the use of process simulation software.
Course Dates: 22 to 23 Mar 2021
Application Period: 11 Dec to 21 Feb 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 3 modules:
- Process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Use of process simulation software to evaluate optimal capital and operating costs.
- Behaviour and interaction of process variables in hazardous situations and operating conditions which deviate from steady state
- Dynamic process simulation to test, analyze, explore and learn about safety issues related to process design, chemical processing, chemical reaction characteristics and operating conditions.
- Optimization studies though the use of process simulation software will be used to evaluate optimal capital and operating costs
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass all required assessment(s).
Participants who complete the course will be awarded 14 Safety Development Unit (SDU) points under the Ministry of Manpower’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for Workplace Safety and Health Officers (WSHO).
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$642|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$192.60|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$72.60|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$72.60|