As a pet parent, you no doubt want your furkid to be comfortable, happy and healthy. This course will equip pet owners with the skills and knowledge to provide suitable home remedies for common minor ailments for pet dogs and cats.
It also educates pet owners to determine when home remedies are appropriate and when it is necessary to seek professional veterinary treatment.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to provide natural solutions to improve and sustain the health and welfare of your pets.
Course Date: 3 April 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- apply home remedies for skin diseases in dogs and cats
- apply home remedies and over-the-counter products for treatment and prevention of external parasites (ticks, fleas, mites) in dogs and cats
- deal with home grooming accidents in dogs and cats
- respond to toxin ingestion by a pet dog or cat
- administer home remedies for constipation in dogs and cats
- administer appropriate home remedies for vomiting and diarrhea in dogs and cats
- administer home remedies for musculoskeletal problems such as arthritis and sprains in dogs and cats
- administer remedies for bad breath in dogs and cats
- understand and administer the different types of supplements available for different ailments in dogs and cats
- understand and administer remedies for anxiety disorders such as phobias, separation anxiety and stress in dogs and cats
- differentiate between situations where home remedies are appropriate and where professional veterinary treatment is needed
Dr Dawn Wong is a graduate of the University of Melbourne. As a licensed veterinary surgeon in Singapore and the United Kingdom, her special interests include feline medicine, soft tissue surgery, and veterinary acupuncture.
Besides practicing veterinary medicine, she lectures for the Specialist Diploma in Veterinary Clinical Practice at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. She owns three cats, three dogs and a hamster.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$131.10|
|Full Course Fee||$246.10|