The increasing complexity of modern building structures has also heightened the complexity of manging fire risks. The role of a Fire Safety Manager now comes with added challenges in ensuring fire safety standards within buildings for the protection of occupants as well as important assets.
This programme prepare the participants with valuable knowledge and skills to undertake the role of a Fire Safety Manager. You will learn various fire-safety requirements and regulations to conduct fire safety activities and implement fire prevention measures. This is to promote fire safety awareness among building occupants and to ensure that the fire safety standards in the building are maintained at all times.
Tuesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Friday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Course Date: 12 Jan to 16 Mar 2021
Duration: 2 months
Frequency: 2 days a week (Tue and Fri)
Time: 6.30pm to 9.30pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Fire Safety Acts and Regulations
- Fire Safety Design
- Identification and Control of Hazardous Materials
- Maintenance of Fire Safety Works
- Fire Command Center Operation
- Emergency Response Plan
- Evacuation Planning
- Fire Safety Guidelines and Reports
- Basic First Aid and Fire-Fighting
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes including attaining the following grades in:
- English Language – Minimum Grade D7
- Mathematics – Minimum Grade C6
- Physics/Physical Science/General Science – Minimum Grade C6
- ITE Higher NITEC or Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
- Full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate (minimum of 2 ‘H2’ and 2 ‘H1’ Level passes including General Paper)
- Diploma (excluding Specialist Diploma) from local polytechnics (NP, NYP, RP, SP or TP)
- SIM Diploma in Management Studies
- Degree from local universities (NTU, NUS, SMU, UniSIM)
- MOM Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer Certificate
- FSMAS Certificate in Fire Safety & Emergency Management Course (plus 5 GCE ‘O’ level passes in ANY subject)
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Mathematics) and passed the Pre-Enrolment Test in Science
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including English and Science) and passed the PreEnrolment Test in Mathematics
- 5 GCE ‘O’ Level Examination passes (including Mathematics and Science) and passed the British Council’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 or proficiency level 6 for all modules under the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) prescribed by Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on the SkillsFuture Credit click here.
For enhanced training support, enter SME in the promo code during course application.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$1435.94|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$430.78|
|Singaporeans qualified for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy||$162.38|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents qualified for Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$162.38|