Acquire the knowledge and skills to speak with confidence with our Basic Pronunciation & Speech Training Course.
This course is suitable for those who wish to improve their English pronunciation and learn to speak accurately and clearly.
From this course, participants will learn all about the basic skills in English phonetics and speech. Participants will practise speech, especially in pronunciation, diction, stress pattern, pitch, intonation and pace.
Monday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Tuesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Wednesday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Thursday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Course Date: TBC
Duration: 6 weeks
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 8 modules:
- Types of breathing
- Exercises for breathing
- The human voice mechanism
- Production of clear tones
- Production of consonants
- Production of vowels
- Exercises for improving diction
- Pitch range and variation
- Rising and falling intonation/inflections
- Syllable stress
- Exercises for pitch, intonation and stress
- Identify problems (e.g. final consonants)
- Exercises to correct problems
- Identify problems / errors
- Exercises for correct pronunciation
- IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet)
- Simple transcription exercises
- Identify the difference
- Practice using standard English through mini dialogues / speeches / presentations
Vivian Tsang has been a lecturer with Ngee Ann Polytechnic for more than 25 years. She has also taught at the Singapore Polytechnic and the CELC at NUS. She has taught various communication & language courses, including a pronunciation and speech course to the Early Childhood Education students. Vivian also has experience in teaching ESP (English for Specific Purposes), ESL (English as a Second Language) & EFL (English as a Foreign Language). In addition, she also teaches German, French and Bahasa Indonesia.
Certification of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Full Course Fee||$418.37|