Chubby dogs may be cute, but too many treats could lead to serious health consequences. Making sure your pet stays trim and healthy means providing it with the right nutrition as well as controlling the quantity of food it consumes. And that means looking after your pet inside and out.
Increase the quality and quantity of your pet’s life with in-depth knowledge on how to provide appropriate diet and nutritional supplements to optimize the health of your pets, and the skills to manage their weight through dieting and exercise.
Course Date: 20 February 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Understand what nutrition is and how it can affect your pets’ life without proper management
- Understand the appropriate diets for dogs, cats, and pocket pets (rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters)
- Understand general health diagnostic tests in the selection of appropriate diets for pets
- Understand how to perform a body condition scoring for your pet
- Understand the difference between the different diets sold for pets at different life stages
- Understand the causes and management of pet obesity (e.g. dieting, exercise)
- Understand the use of basic supplements to optimize health in pets
- Understand the basics of common intoxicants and poisons which pets may be exposed to
Ms Gayathiri attained the Basic Professional Dog Grooming Cert in 2006 and Intermediate Professional Dog Grooming Cert on 2007 from the School of Pet Grooming Singapore. She has worked as a freelance groomer and stylist in pet shops and has diverse experience and knowledge on styling different dog breeds.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$131.10|
|Full Course Fee||$246.10|