As a responsible pet owner, one of your main concerns is the health and wellbeing of your furry kids. And when something isn’t right with your bestie, you want to know what you can do to help before the vet arrives.
Be pet-confident with the knowledge on how to prevent, identify and provide basic first aid when your pet shows signs of injury or illness.
This course will arm you with the skills to provide crucial first-responder treatment to your pet before seeking veterinary attention.
You will develop the skills and knowledge to provide appropriate first aid to your furry kids and ensure that they are in a good state of welfare.
You will also gain the ability to observe signs of injury or illness, and the confidence to provide first-responder treatment to reduce the extent of injury which may even be life-saving.
Course Date: 27 Feb 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Perform scene and behavioral assessment of pets
- Perform primary first aid assessment of pets
- Perform an assessment of the injury and illness of the major body systems in pets
- Understand the principles of and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in dogs
- Control of bleeding wounds in pets
- Understand the principles of aseptic wound cleaning for skin injuries
- Manage and transport pets with spinal injury
- Understand the principles of and perform bandaging to control haemorrhage and immobilize fractured limbs
- Understand the principles of and perform fracture management for immobilization, transportation, and relocation of dislocated joints
- Manage various common injuries and conditions seen in common household pets
As a licensed veterinarian in Singapore and the United Kingdom, Dr. Nicholas enjoys all aspects of veterinary medicine with a special interest in internal medicine and emergency and critical care.
He has practiced in veterinary clinics before joining Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Diploma in Veterinary Bioscience) as a lecturer.
This course will be delivered in English and has NO assessment.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
- Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
- The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
- Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$114|
|Full Course Fee||$214|