Of course, your dog can never get enough pampering and attention. Now you can learn all the basic grooming skills – from easy styling to safe pedicures – to provide your pooch with all the tender-loving care it deserves. After all, who better to get that tail wagging than your dog’s best friend!
- Proper handling and restraining for grooming
- Nail clipping and filing
- Ear cleaning
- Basic styling, shaving, and clipping of fur
- Performing anal gland expression
- Understanding and performing the proper showering techniques
- Assessing and maintaining dental hygiene
- Performing undercoat grooming and de-matting of fur
- Understanding the use of dog-grooming tools
Course Date: 6 Mar 2021
Application Period: 18 to 31 Jan 2021
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
Upcoming course run: 10 Apr 2021
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
From basic maintenance to canine hygiene, this 1-day workshop equips you with the skills to give your bestie the personal care it needs from the comfort of your home.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance.
- Individuals who are looking to attend foundational lessons to be able to groom their pet dogs effectively at home and individuals who aspire to join the pet grooming industry. Individuals bringing dogs should be willing to allow their dogs for basic hands on procedures with group members. This takes place under the supervision of the trainer and owner. The purpose is to give practical hands-on training to all participants. Each individual bringing dog will be given $20.00 discount (maximum 3 dogs can be accommodated).
- Only pet dogs which are friendly to people and other dogs are allowed.
- Faux fur is provided for participant who does not have a dog to practice on cutting.
- Acceptance of dog is based on first come first register basis till maximum number of dogs has reached.
- For participants age 18 years and below, parent/guardian is required to also register for the course
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit. For more information on SkillsFuture Credit, click here.
Singaporeans aged 50 years and above who wish to apply for the course at the special course fee will need to email a copy of their NRIC during the course fee payment before the course commencement.
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 50 and above||$153.90|
|Full Course Fee||$288.90|