Wondering what it takes to perform at the highest level or being resilient when you are out of action due to sporting injuries? Join us for 2 days of exciting discovery!
Learn how to harness the hidden powers of the human mind to achieve peak performance, and facilitate the healing of the injured athletic body!
This 2-full day course uses a multi-modal approach to learning via mini-lectures, hands-on activities and exercises, small group interactive discussions, mini oral presentations, and case-based scenario discussions. Participants will:
- Gain essential knowledge and skills to assess, plan and conduct mental skills training in their chosen sport
- Apply mental skills for injury rehabilitation and recovery
- Teach mental skills to others in an interactive, engaging way
Monday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Course Date: 15 and 16 March 2021
Application Period: 8 January to 1 March 2021
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
Ngee Ann Polytechnic reserves the right to reschedule / cancel any programme, modify the fees and amend information without prior notice.
This course consists of 1 modules:
- Research evidence that supports the essential mental skills that work in applied settings (2 hr Theory)
- How to practically assess the mental skills competencies of your athletes (3 hr Theory & Practical)
- How to plan and periodize mental skills training over a competitive season (2 hr Theory & Practical)
- How to use mental skills training for injury rehabilitation & recovery (2 hr Theory & Practical)
- How to teach mental skills to athletes in an interactive, engaging way (4 hr Practical)
- Case study analysis for mental skills applications (1 hr Theory)
Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and pass assessments.
Course fee is payable upon acceptance. It is inclusive of 7% GST and subject to review.
The course is eligible for SkillsFuture Credit.
This programme has Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)* funding. UTAP is an individual skills upgrading account specially for NTUC members. As a member, you can enjoy UTAP funding at 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $250 every year. For more information, visit skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg or call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008. (*UTAP terms & conditions apply).
|Applicants / Eligibility||Fees|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) below the age of 40 years||$112.35|
|Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above||$112.35|
|Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)||$112.35|
|Enhanced Training Support for SME Scheme (for SC & SPR)||$42.35|
|Others (and Repeat Students)||$374.50|